Saturday, 1 September 2012

It's over a year

its over a year since i posted anything on my blog, that's not because I haven't done any crafting on the contrary i've done loads i just seem to forget to photograph them and once i've given them away its too late. so, i'm going to make a concerted effort to remember to blog the cards I make.

This one started out with an idea that i would make a card and envelope combined so that the folder would be opened up and the image would be part of it. it seemed like a good idea at the time but my mother-in-law, who this is for, loves verses and where would I put it? so the topper was added to an 8x8 square card and the folder has become a rather nice container for the card.

The background of the topper is stamped with flitter glue using an indigoblu poppies stamps and gilding flakes have been applied. the background is pan pastels but i sprayed it with a gold glimmer mist to set it and add a bit of a shine.

The butterflies have been cut out on my grand caliber and i used the darker pan pastels to colour them and again sprayed them with glimmer mist.

I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she will! Glad to see you posting again. Pan pastels are great aren't they. I really like the warm colours you have used. You should enter some of the blog challenges. Keep crafting! jenx

    ReplyDelete